SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

What To Wear To Summer Events

Hi everyone! It's been such a long time since I have been to fancy event. I haven't had to dress up in awhile so when I did,  I had no clue what to wear. It is always so much fun to dress up in the summer because you get to play with color more and you don't have outfit limitations due to the weather. I had a baptism for my adorable cousin Evan this past weekend, and this is what I wore.


My guidelines for dressing for a summer event:


1. Dress appropriatelyThis Dress was very low cut,  it was not a question that I had to pin it up since I would be entering a church. Always keep in mind your event, where you will be and who will be attending. You want to make sure that you are appropriate and stylish at the same time.







2. Stay away from dark colors Ok you are probably reading this one and saying, really Danielle? You wore Black! True, I did wear black, BUT I paired it with pops of pink. For summer time, it is always nice to wear colors that you would not usually wear in fall, such as baby blue, hot pink, orange, yellow, etc. Summer is a great time to wear a color that you don't usually wear! Try new colors and have fun with it.





3. Stay Colorful Colors always bring a fun and fresh element to your look. For example, if I were to have worn a black purse, my outfit would have looked dark. With a bright pink lip and a light pink bag, the look stays fresh.




4. Have fun with Jewelry  I'm the type of person who always wears a watch and stud earrings everyday. For summer events, I encourage playing with long necklaces, big earrings, layered bracelets and rings. It adds some sparkle and shine and customizes your look. At first, I did not know what to wear, but I looked at the hardware on my bag. The hardware on my bag was silver chains,  so I pulled out my old tiffany's bracelets and started there. I also picked out my favorite silver rings and evil eye bracelet to complete the look. Since I had busy arm candy, I stayed simple with stud earrings and a small dainty cross.



This dress was from Shein and it was 13 dollars! This was my first time ordering from them, I had ordered a dress and a sweater. The sweater was horrible (I immediately put it back in the box) but this dress worked!


Where to get good dresses that don't break the bank?! 

  1. Boohoo
  2. Fashion Nova
  3. Forever 21
  4. Shein

Past looks:




Dress: Boohoo.com  18!


Dress: Fashion Nova  24.99!
Dress: Boohoo  30!






Dress: Boohoo  26!

Hope this helps anyone who does not really know where to start when trying to find the perfect outfit for a summer wedding, shower, or night out. Let me know what you guys think of this look and this post!

Xoxo,


Post a Comment